|Brent Bellm (CEO)|
Eddie Machaalani (Co-Founder,Executive Chairman)
Mitchell Harper (Co-Founder)
|Products||Hosted Shopping Cart|
BigCommerce was founded in 2009 by Australians Eddie Machaalani and Mitchell Harper following a chance meeting in an online chatroom in 2003. In August 2009, the two relaunched a hosted version of Interspire Shopping Cart called “BigCommerce” and opened its first U.S. office.
According to Webspotter, in July 2019 BigCommerce is used on 19,365 websites.
- Comparison of shopping cart software
- List of online payment service providers
- Types of E-commerce
- Comparison of free software e-commerce web application frameworks
- Online shopping
- "BigCommerce | Crunchbase". Crunchbase. Retrieved 2017-12-29.
- "About Us, Team and Culture - Bigcommerce". Bigcommerce. Retrieved 2017-12-29.
- Warner, Andrew (9 December 2010). "BigCommerce: How Two Programmers Who Met In A Chat Room Bootstrapped A $10 Mil eCommerce Company – With Mitchell Harper". Mixergy.
- Ryall, Jenni (19 November 2014). "2 Aussies who met in a chat room created a start-up valued at $500 million". Mashable.
- Harper, Mitchell (4 November 2009). "Interspire Shopping Cart Hosted (BigCommerce) Pricing Integrated with Interspire.com". Archived from the original on 2015-06-22. Retrieved 2015-06-22.
- Mitra, Sramana (10 March 2010). "Deal Radar 2010: BigCommerce". One Million by One Million Blog.
- Rao, Leena (31 July 2011). "BigCommerce Raises $15 Million To Help Retailers Manage E-Commerce". TechCrunch.
- "BigCommerce statistics and market share". Webspotter.